For sizing, the following applies:
- Provide adequate free space for the SunnyTent. That’s because the SunnyTent is larger than the pool over which the tent is to be placed. Then make sure that you keep at least 25 cm free around the SunnyTent (on the outside) as open space. With the SunnyTent Round keep at least 40 cm free at the back, because that is where the canvas will fold when opening the tent.
- If you’re not sure there is enough space around your pool, please contact us. If you send us some photos, we can give you advice.
- All sizes are based on the outer dimensions (from outer side to outer side of the pool).
- If your pool has a horizontal shelf on the top edge (stacking frame), then you should include this shelf in the sizing (outer size).
- If the size of your pool is not in the size chart, then use a slightly larger pool size in the size chart as a reference. If in doubt, please contact us.
- Beware of any parts that stick out and are attached to the pool. If these are placed high up on the pool, you may need a bigger size SunnyTent, because these extending components can damage the canvas significantly. If in doubt, please contact us.
- Fixed or built-in pools often have a fixed ladder. This must also be taken into account when sizing. If in doubt, please contact us.
Size chart for round swimming pools:
|Diameter pool (in cm)||Height pool (in cm)||Best size SunnyTent|
|D = 0 - 350||H = max. 130||Round M|
|D = 351 – 366||H = max. 122||Round M|
|D = 366||H = 132||Round L|
|D = 396||H = 84||Round M|
|D = 367 – 460||H = max. 122||Round L|
|D = 400||H = 150||Round L|
|D = 478||H = 124||Round L|
|D = 478||H = 132||Round XL|
|D = 488||H = 122||Round L|
|D = 490 – 575||H = max. 132||Round XL|
|D = 569||H = 135||Round XL|
A round pool of 366 cm. x 122 cm. (diameter x height) fits under the SunnyTent Round size M. However this is a bit cramped, and when opening or closing the tent, the canvas at the back of the pool may crumble up slightly. Of course this can be easily and quickly straigthened by hand, and this does not mean that the Round SunnyTent size M cannot be used for a 366 cm x 122 cm size pool (many SunnyTent owners are happy with this set up), but beware of the mentioned restriction. It is also possible that the tent canvass wears a bit on the places where the tent touches the pool frame. That will probably be minimal, because the canvas is made of thick, strong film material.
All this also applies for a round pool of 478 x 124 cm. (diameter x height) and 488 x 122 cm. (diameter x height), but then in combination with the SunnyTent Round size L. This also applies to a circular pool of 569 x 135 cm. (diameter x height), but then in combination with the Sunny Tent Round size XL.
In these cases, the steps should be removed from the pool before you close the SunnyTent.
Size chart for square / rectangular / oval pools:
Scroll the chart from right to left side to see more
|Pool length (in cm)||Pool width (in cm)||Pool Height (in cm)||Best size SunnyTent||Note|
|L = max. 300||B = max. 201||H = max. 100||Round M|
|L = max 404||B = max. 285||H = max. 100||Round L |
|L = 412||B = 201||H = 122||Round L |
|L = 427||B = 427||H = 107||Oval L|
|L = 440||B = 306||H = 125||Round XL|
|L = 450||B = 220||H = 84||Round L |
|L = 460||B = 285||H = 100||Oval M|
|L = 480||B = 325||H = 132||Oval L|
|L = 488||B = 244||H = 107||Round XL |
|Tight fit Oval M|
|L = 488||B = 366||H = 122||Oval L|
|L = 490||B = 360||H = 122||Oval L|
|L = 500||B = 300||H = 120||Oval L|
|L = 510||B = 306||H = 125||Oval L|
|L = 516||B = 396||H = 125||Oval L|
|L = 549||B = 274||H = 132||Oval L|
|L = 549||B = 305||H = 107||Oval L|
|L = 549||B = 366||H = 122||Oval L|
|L = 566||B = 306||H = 125||Oval L||Tight fit Oval L|
|L = 580||B = 310||H = 100||Oval L|
|L = 610||B = 366||H = 122||Oval L||Tight fit Oval L|
This SunnyTent Round fits over this rectangular or oval pool, provided there is sufficient space on the long sides of your pool (no fence, hedge, etc.). Beware that you’ll have lots of free space inside this SunnyTent on the long sides, because this SunnyTent is round. When in doubt, please contact us. If you send us here some photos, we can give you advice.
An oval pool fits this size, but not a rectangular (inside the tent there is not enough space for the pool corners).